At Harrison/Star, our mission is to humanize science. We are innovators with purpose and an agency for good. We thrive on empathy—bringing a healthy dose of humanity and humility to the table, so we’re always bringing out the best in each other. It is our expertise that drives us to discover, to innovate, and to experiment.
We use our voice to empower ourselves and one another.
Humanizing science is not for the faint of heart. It’s what we do. We think critically and originally to elicit change in healthcare, without letting complexity or ambiguity get in the way. We can’t do it alone, we are always learning and growing, which is exactly why we need you!
Title: Senior Copywriter
Location: New York, NY
The Senior Copywriter is responsible for using writing and referencing skills, conceptual ability and strategic thinking to enhance the Agency’s copy offerings to the Client.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Work as a team with art director to develop conceptual approaches to meet Client objectives
- Establish and maintain positive, productive relationships with all members of account team
- Develop a sound understanding of marketing/advertising strategy
- Demonstrate ability to accurately reference and annotate all work
- Prepare and submit work for Med/Legal and DDMAC approvals
- Continue to develop understanding of market research to create test materials and be an effective research attendee
- Demonstrate high level of professional craftsmanship and superior writing skills
- Be aware of, and familiar with, medical and scientific information that pertains to Agency brands
- Demonstrate the ability to work in print media and have an understanding of other forms of media
- Work closely with editors to ensure accuracy in all work
- Attend regular status meetings
- Follow jobs from start up into production
- Ensure all final products released are of a superior quality
- Effectively present and clearly communicate creative concepts internally and feel comfortable participating in client meetings
- Keep supervisor(s) up-to-date on all projects
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Maintain positive relationships with internal business group departments such as Editorial and Traffic
- Contribute ideas in Client meetings
- Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally
- Demonstrate ability to set priorities while handling multiple projects/deadlines
- Project a professional, positive attitude toward peers and clients
- Foster a positive team atmosphere and establish credibility both internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of healthcare advertising copywriting experience
- Copywriter portfolio, or "spec" portfolio demonstrating strong creative abilities
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge, background and/or interest in science and medicine
The range below represents the low and high end of the base salary someone in this role may earn as an employee of an Omnicom Health Group company in the United States. Salaries will vary based on various factors including but not limited to professional and academic experience, training, associated responsibilities, and other business and organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of our total compensation package for employees. Salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each hire.
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you.