At Harrison/Star, our mission is to humanize science. We are innovators with purpose and an agency for good. We thrive on empathy—bringing a healthy dose of humanity and humility to the table, so we’re always bringing out the best in each other. It is our expertise that drives us to discover, to innovate, and to experiment.
We use our voice to empower ourselves and one another.
Humanizing science is not for the faint of heart. It’s what we do. We think critically and originally to elicit change in healthcare, without letting complexity or ambiguity get in the way. We can’t do it alone, we are always learning and growing, which is exactly why we need you!
Title: Associate Copywriter
Location: New York, NY
Associate Copywriters assist in the development and production of quality core-concept writer material to achieve creative excellence on behalf of our clients. Assistant Copywriters support the translation of ideas into words to create engaging content that advances the assigned projects.
Under direct supervision, the Associate Copywriter participates in the execution of integrated, cross-channel initiatives and demonstrates apprentice knowledge of the clients brand and overall industry.
- CREATIVITY Participates in the creation of high quality creative content and generates new and innovative ideas, alongside the Art Directors and broader team, under the supervision of ACDs/ and up. Works collaboratively with partner to harmonize content and visuals, and interacts with account and project teams to understand business objectives and audience demographics; supports the translation of concepts into effective messaging.
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE Exercises the skills necessary to ensure that strategic and medical accuracy of content is achieved to leverage the key components of campaign relevance and maintain agency creative standards . Applies client-provided information, market research, AMA and client-preferred style to content copy to ensure legal and regulatory compliance. Becomes facetious with digital-asset management and client regulatory systems for timely, accurate workflow, and learns to manage internal 6Ds workflow; understanding briefs and timelines, and delivery accurate work on deadline.
- NEW BUSINESS Support the pursuit of organic business and opportunities. The Associate Copywriter participates in new business activities, as needed.
- DEVELOPMENT Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to acquire a deeper knowledge of assigned brand(s), the healthcare industry, and the creative marketplace. An Associate Copywriter will build healthcare marketing acumen and strive to elevate the quality of creative output. Seeks out and embraces professional development opportunities ensure alignment with agency expectations. Participates in agency internal development opportunities, and participates in regular feedback sessions with supervisor and peers.
- Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, or related portfolio experience
- Exceptional writing skills, strong command of the English language, ability to use creativity in writing, good working knowledge of medical terminology is a plus
- Build constructive relationships to foster strong team orientation and collaboration of strengths and cross-functional thinking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to present new and unique perspective/ideas
- Some familiarity with creation and presentation of scientific tables and statistical data
- Ability to appropriately seek out and utilize reference material
- Broad knowledge and perspective to recommend competitive ideas, strategies, and plans
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel and work across locations
- Action Oriented
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Peer Relationships
- Technical Learning
The range below represents the low and high end of the base salary someone in this role may earn as an employee of an Omnicom Health Group company in the United States. Salaries will vary based on various factors including but not limited to professional and academic experience, training, associated responsibilities, and other business and organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of our total compensation package for employees. Salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each hire.
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you.