At Harrison/Star, our mission is to humanize science. We are innovators with purpose and an agency for good. We thrive on empathy—bringing a healthy dose of humanity and humility to the table, so we’re always bringing out the best in each other. It is our expertise that drives us to discover, to innovate, and to experiment.
We use our voice to empower ourselves and one another.
Humanizing science is not for the faint of heart. It’s what we do. We think critically and originally to elicit change in healthcare, without letting complexity or ambiguity get in the way. We can’t do it alone, we are always learning and growing, which is exactly why we need you!
Title:Group Art Supervisor
Location: New York, NY
The Group Art Supervisor is responsible for managing the development, design and execution of all Agency offerings for both them and their direct reports. He/she must manage his/her time and work with the account services team to prioritize all jobs effectively, as well as oversee and junior members of the art team by monitoring projects, delegating assignments, and approving work.
The Group Art Supervisor mentors those he/she supervises by meeting with them consistently to better understand their career goals and helping to champion their causes when appropriate. The Group Art Supervisor also ensures that all the team’s work is on strategy and maintains the highest level of brand consistency and excellence.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities as evident by ability to motivate team, facilitate great thinking, and keeping the team energized.
- Bring interactive trends to your team’s attention and find ways to employ technology to meet your client’s business needs.
- Execute and direct creative that encompasses all media across print, video, 3D, interactive and social.
- Keep abreast of current interactive, mobile, advertising, design, and visual communications. Continuously stay current to marketing trends and unique design styles, imagery, technology, and technological advances and introduce these to future team projects where appropriate.
- Keep supervisor(s) briefed on creative projects in a timely manner.
- Interact with project managers on all projects in a timely fashion and regularly review all design work with them to ensure budgets, timelines and proper execution are achieved. Own a full understanding of the interactive development process.
- Establish credibility with Clients at all levels by developing knowledge of Client’s business, brand and competitive marketplace(s) and technological advances.
- Manage outside vendor/resources effectively from both cost and creative standpoints, including photographers, illustrators, and production vendors for premiums, printing, digital media, mobile vendors, and 3rd party developers.
- Attend video and photo-shoots; provide necessary on-the-spot feedback to effectively accomplish agency and client goals.
- Contribute to new business efforts strategically, creatively and as a reliable steward of the work.
- Demonstrate ability to design and advocate from the user’s perspective.
- Ability to read wireframes and functional specifications and translate into design collaboration with a developer and IA.
- Elevate the integrity and excellence of the brand in all materials developed both online and off.
- Provide comprehensive design overview and brand consistency.
- Provide fresh, unique, and strategic thinking for all brand marketing/advertising initiatives.
- Act as gatekeeper to ensure that all final products released demonstrate only the highest quality creative and effectively communicates brand messages to targeted customers.
- Clearly communicate creative concepts and rationale for design choices to team and clients and/or new business prospects.
- Present rational for functional decisions within interactive work.
- Act as a brand steward maintaining the integrity and excellence of the brand in all materials developed
both online and off.
- Manage and oversee the daily work for all brand projects and jobs.
- Provide comprehensive design overview and brand consistency throughout each project and for each assigned account as a whole.
- Consistently provide fresh and unique thinking for all brand marketing/advertising initiatives.
- Work as a team with copywriters to develop conceptual approaches to meet Client objectives for all
- Collaborate with other Art Director(s) to establish a visual consistency throughout the brand, both online and off.
- Capable of translating brand to online, mobile and video applications with full integrity.
- Ensure that all final products released demonstrate only the highest quality creative and effectively
communicates brand messages to targeted customers.
- Be an effective presenter and clearly communicate creative concepts and rationale for design choices to team and clients and/or new business prospects.
- Demonstrate ability to “zoom in and out” (big picture thinking as well as attention to details) as necessary.
- Ensure that Agency work is on strategy and contributes to growing the Client’s business.
- Keep in mind the competitive marketplace materials and how it affects your brand.
- Challenge your brand team to come up with innovative tactical ideas.
- Think of ways to keep your brand fresh and interesting and how your reports can execute within brand personality.
- Help develop Brand guidelines for your team, clients and vendors.
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with Client/Agency/Creative/Account teams.
- Help create a collaborative work environment between all departments and demonstrate ability to
handle conflicts in a positive, professional and productive manner.
- Work as a team with copywriters to develop conceptual approaches to meet Client objectives.
- Collaborate with colleagues to seek opportunities/solutions for improvements in the department and agency.
- Advocate the use of technologies that meet the budget of interactive projects.
- Work with account service from beginning of project until the end to make sure all projects meet
- Utilize best practices for print and digital projects to guide your team members.
- Maintain positive relationships with and utilize the internal business group departments (electronic studio, editorial, traffic, imaging, and production) appropriately.
- Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate good problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Remain calm despite high pressure situations.
- Project a professional attitude and foster a positive team atmosphere demonstrating respect for peers and supervisors and establish credibility both internally and externally.
- Execute examples of interactive design and provide guidance in understanding these materials
- Assist other members of department/team as needed when workload allows.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage time and prioritize all jobs effectively, as well as oversee junior members of the art brand team by monitoring projects, delegating assignments, and approving work.
- Monitor overall workload to effect efficiency and assure that waiting or downtime is minimized.
- Help supervisor manage and resolve staff issues including performance, personal presentation and
- Recommend adjustments/additions to the roles and procedures of the department to achieve continuous improvement and efficiency across all accounts and/or specific accounts.
- Help interview, train and orient new team members to the agency, department, and account(s) at the direction of supervisor.
- Mentors reports by providing constructive, ongoing feedback to them as well as completing annual performance reviews.
- Provide ongoing guidance to all team members and be available to them as a resource for account/agency/departmental policies, procedures, etc.
- Keep supervisor or department head appraised of any workload challenges/concerns on assigned team accounts that may necessitate hiring freelancers or moving creatives around to better utilize their time.
- Oversee team’s time off schedules, time reporting, etc. to always ensure appropriate coverage for accounts. Maintain accurate time sheets for self and team. Monitor, review, and approve direct report’s time sheets in terms of hours worked on specific jobs.
- College degree in visual communications or equivalent experience.
- 6-7 years of digital and print design/advertising experience.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience.
- Advertising and/or print and digital design portfolio or website equivalent.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS 5, Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of HTML 5, CSS, and Video Production.
- Knowledge of Adobe XD and Figma a must.
The range below represents the low and high end of the base salary someone in this role may earn as an employee of an Omnicom Health Group company in the United States. Salaries will vary based on various factors including but not limited to professional and academic experience, training, associated responsibilities, and other business and organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of our total compensation package for employees. Salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each hire.
- $118,500 - $153,000
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we’re focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us—we look forward to getting to know you.